Nickelodeon is bringing their A-game to Comic-Con this year, and it all starts with their booth! With an 1800-square-foot booth (#4113), Nickelodeon will be featuring a bold spiraling collage that showcases beloved hits like Rugrats, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Invader Zim, SpongeBob SquarePants and more! This collage will extend down to the floor from the ceiling of the convention center.
Nickelodeon’s booth will also feature fan activations that include a voice-record room where fans can lend their own vocal talents to select scenes from their favorite Nick TV shows, a GIF Booth, a fan-art competition, and autograph signings with Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Sean Astin (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Janet Varney (The Legend of Korra) and more.
Even cooler is the fact that, for the first time, Nickelodeon will hold an open call during the convention for original animated project ideas! Nick’s animation development team will be on-site from Thursday, July 24, to Saturday, July 26, and they want to greenlight a pitch for its global Animated Shorts Program. This program is designed to identify and develop original comedy-driven content for kids, which mean YOU could pitch something that gets greenlit!
Participants must register in advance for their one-on-one meetings and will have 15 minutes to pitch their idea. Guidelines, restrictions, and pre-registration information are available at www.nickshortspitches.com.
In terms of SDCC panels, there will be four panels: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sanjay and Craig, The Legend of Korra, and Nickelodeon’s New Animation Pipeline, which will give fans a sneak preview of the network’s new series, Breadwinners, Bad Seeds (working title) and Pig Goat Banana Cricket.
Here are the people Nickelodeon will be bringing to Comic-Con:
- The Legend of Korra’s Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (co-creators/executive producers); Janet Varney (Korra); David Faustino (Mako); Seychelle Gabrielle (Asami Sato); Mindy Sterling (Lin Beifong) and John Michael Higgins (Varrick).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Seth Green (Leonardo); Sean Astin (Raphael); Greg Cipes (Michelangelo); Rob Paulsen (Donatello); Josh Peck (Casey Jones); Mae Whitman (April O’Neil); Kelly Hu (Karai); Ciro Nieli (executive producer) and Brandon Auman (executive producer).
- Sanjay and Craig’s Jim Dirschberger and Jay Howell (co-creators/executive producers); Maulik Pancholy (Sanjay); Chris Hardwick (Craig); Matt Jones (Hector); Tony Hale (Mr. Noodman); John DiMaggio (Penny) and Nika Futterman (Belle Pepper).
- SpongeBob SquarePants’ Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants).
- Breadwinners’ Steve Borst and Gary “Doodles” Di Raffaele (creators/executive producers).
- Bad Seeds’ (working title) C.H. Greenblatt (creator).
- Pig Goat Banana Cricket’s J. Ryan and Dave Cooper (co-creators) and David Stacks (executive producer).
That's a lot of cool people, and we LOVE the concept of having people pitch original animated project ideas! What kind of things would you pitch? We can't wait to see what they decide to greenlight!